I wanted to make a quick entry to update you all before the meeting tomorrow (Monday, February 11th, 2013 at 3:00PM in Room 8710).
Our First Fundraiser is Upon Us!
As you all probably already know, our first fundraiser will be held this week on campus February 14th, 2013 from 10:00AM- 1:00PM. We will be setting up a table near the Smart Shop (near the bookstore and cafeteria) to sell Valentine's Day balloons. If you are available to help during this time, make sure to put your name on the sign up sheet provided on the previous blog post. Also, we will be needing a poster advertising the different types of balloons for sale along with prices. So, we ask that brigaders with a creative side help us out with this. Below I have provided you with pictures of the balloons and prices. Please feel free to print these out and use them for the poster.
If you need a larger version, please let us know via the club email and I will provide you with this.
Below is a table of prices.
We were also thinking of making posters using tri fold poster boards with general information about the club. These posters might include information about Global Brigades, how to become involved in the Foothill College branch, as well as plenty of photos from the 2012 brigade which I can provide you with. Our advisers, Karen and Lisa, should have plenty of tri fold poster boards from previous classes. So, we've got that covered! For those of you who are unable to make it to the fundraiser on Thursday, helping to make these posters would be an excellent may to stay actively involved! The fundraiser is this week, so let us know as soon as possible!
Flea Market Fundraiser
The De Anza Flea Market is the next fundraiser we have coming up on Saturday, March 2nd, 2013. Although it's not until next month, it's never too early to start preparing! So, remember:
- Keep collecting donations! It's a flea market, so anything goes! Ask friends, family, neighbors, etc. if they have anything they're willing to give away. Chances are they do!
- Still in need of a table, tent/tarp and racks for clothing.
- Brigaders, if you're free the Saturday morning of the flea market, come out and help man the table. Medical Brigades is also planning to set up a face painting booth, so we'll need volunteers for that as well. We plan to have a face painting practice session in an upcoming meeting, so don't miss it!
I sent out an email to all 2013 members last week stating that any members interested in running for Co-VP of Medicine must write a statement of purpose telling the club
- Why you wish to run for this position
- What makes you a good candidate
- Any experience you may have in the fields of healthcare/pharmaceuticals (not required)
- What you will contribute to the club as a club officer
Here is just a reminder of the deposits that must be made by each member to participate in the brigade. These are not individual payments (as in, you do not have to pay $250 dollars once, and then make another $800 payment.) Think of these as "levels" of payments/the total amount that should be in your empowered account by the indicated date.
- Initial Pledge - $250 Total on Empowered.org account (Gabe and I have set the due date for this deposit to be the end of April)
- 40 Day Deadline - $800 Total on Empowered.org account (date set by GB, 40 Days before brigade departure date)
- 14 Day Deadline - $750 + airfare on Empowered.org account (date set by GB, 14 Days before brigade departure date)
- Airfare varies for each brigade and once flights are confirmed for the group, this final total contribution amount will be available
I hope to see some new as well as some familiar faces at the meeting tomorrow.