Here is a copy of our flight itinerary: Foothill College Medical August 2014 Honduras
It is a good idea to leave a copy of this with whoever is dropping you off/ picking you up from the airport.
Please remember to bring copies of your passport and copies of your vaccination confirmations if you have not already turned them in to us. If you do not turn in copies of your vaccines, or if you opt to turn in the vaccination waiver, you will not be able to participate in certain areas of the brigade. Please read the following from the Global Brigades website:
Volunteers will be able to participate in all aspects of the medical brigade only if they bring a record showing the following immunizations:
• Hepatitis A
• Hepatitis B
• Typhoid - this is not mandatory; however, it is highly recommended.
• Varicella Zoster - this is not mandatory; however, it is highly recommended to get the vaccine if you have not had chicken pox.
Without a record of vaccinations, volunteers may only observe and enter information in the Data Informatics system. This is for the safety of both the volunteer and the patient."
Remember to also bring the suitcase(s) from our medicine packing day!
IN SUMMARY, PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU TO THE AIRPORT:
- Copies of passport
- Copies of vaccine confirmations
- The suitcases filled with medication and supplies
- Everything on the packing list
- $$$ for your Global Brigades T-Shirt
(and wear it while we are in transit!)
Please let me know if I have forgotten to include anything. Thanks and see you all soon!